In the ever-evolving world of data analytics and reporting, organizations are constantly seeking ways to streamline processes, gain valuable insights, and make informed decisions. One critical aspect of reporting platforms is the ability to filter and analyze data efficiently. To meet this demand, we have introduced a feature called "Global Filters". This article aims to explore the benefits and functionalities of global filters in ReportGarden, highlighting how they enhance data analysis and reporting capabilities.
In traditional way, the filters have to be added to each widget in a report/dashboard. This is time consuming. With global filters, you can apply a filter at the whole report/dashboard level at a single go. This adds filter to all the relevant widgets in the report/dashboard, saving time and effort for users.
Users can define multiple global filters based on their specific requirements and you have a flexibility to include/exclude it in a specific widget. This customization empowers you to tailor reporting to your specific requirements.
Just below the top bar, you will find option to include global filters.
In ReportGarden, the following global filters are supported
Advertising Channel Type
Advertising Channel Subtype
Ad Group Name
Google Analytics 4
First user Source
First user Medium
First user Campaign
1. Global filters will not be saved when exporting a report as template
2. In case of scheduled reports, the report with global filters applied will be sent as an attachment.
3. All the filters that are available in the widget are not available in the global filters
4. Presently only applicable to Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, and Google Analytics 4
5. Custom dimensions will not be available in global filters
How to add a Global Filter?
Here is the detailed step by step process.
To add Global Filters you can find the option on the top-left-hand side of the report - "Add filter"
2. On Clicking the icon it would open a pop-up. You can add the required filters to your widget:
3. Once the filters are selected, you can click on Submit
4. After submitting, you can see that the filters have been applied and it will be visible on top
For any additional information, reach out to us at support.reportgarden.com