Step 1 : Make sure your Instagram account is a business profile
Open the Instagram app on your mobile.
Tap on your profile icon in the lower right-hand corner. Then tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner and select
Switch to Professional Account.
Step 2: Check if your Instagram account is a business profile and is verified
To make sure that your Instagram account is a business profile, follow the below steps
Business Profiles will have a section titled Public Business Information. Open
Instagram Profile, then click on
Edit Profileand navigate to
Public Business Information
Step 3: Make sure your Instagram account is connected to the right Facebook Page
In the Instagram app on your mobile device, go to your profile then select
Public Business Informationselect
Choose a Page from your Pages that you'd like to connect to or select 'Create a New Facebook Page'. Then tap 'Done'.
Please confirm that your Instagram account has been reviewed.
Step 4: Make sure that you are an admin on the connected Facebook page
To link the brand's Facebook Page, you first need to be an admin of that Page on Facebook.
If you are not an admin of the Page, you can ask other admins to connect the Facebook Page for you. To do this they need to be logged into their Facebook account that is linked to the Facebook Page
To see your role on the page:
Go to the
Settingsat the left of your Page.
Page Rolesin the left-hand column.
Scroll down. At the bottom of the Page you will be able to see your role for the Page and the option to edit it
Please note that you need role permissions granted directly through the Page settings, and not via Business Manager. You can ask other Page admins to use the Page settings on Facebook to give you the required permissions.
Step 5: Remove Permissions granted to ReportGarden
In your Facebook account, navigate to
If you have ReportGarden in the list of integrations, please remove ReportGarden from the list.
This will ensure that the next time you link your account, you will have full visibility of the permissions and the pages/accounts that you are linking with ReportGarden.
Step 6: Relink your Instagram account with ReportGarden
1. Login to ReportGarden
2. Navigate to to https://app.reportgarden.com/agency/linked_accounts;
3. Click on
Link Account button the page.
4. Click on
5. If you want to know more about what pages/accounts you are giving access to, click on the
Choose what you Allow
6. Make sure the Businesses Instagram Accounts and Pages are all ticked. And Click “OK”
7. The Instagram accounts will be linked in ReportGarden with the names of respective Facebook Pages.
If you set your Instagram business profile up via Facebook - rather than by using Instagram on your mobile device - it could have created some connectivity issues preventing you from successfully connecting your account on ReportGarden or any third-party software.
This can be easily remedied and will involve you reverting to a personal profile, before returning your account to a business profile on Instagram.
How to revert to a personal profile
1. To switch back to a personal profile, ready to revert back to a business profile via Instagram, in your Settings, tap Account, tap Switch account type, and tap Switch to the personal account.
2. Go to your profile on the Instagram app and tap the ⚙️ Settings icon
3. Tap Account, and then tap Switch to Professional account.
4. Follow the workflow here introducing the benefits of Professional accounts.
5. Select the category of your Instagram account from the list. Tap done.
6. Check the Business box. Tap Next.
7. Review your contact info. Tap Next.
8. Connect to Facebook or connect to your Facebook Page if Facebook is already set up with your Instagram account. If you haven't got a Facebook Page set up, simply tap the 'Create a Page' link and you can set one up easily within the Instagram app.
You can also connect to a Facebook page on your Instagram profile, tap Edit Profile, and underneath Public business information click Page.
Once you've reverted to a business profile, try connecting your account again. This should work.