First Time users
If your account is new or does not have any Budgets tracked yet, you will be presented with welcome screen upon login. If chosen Budgeting, you’ll see account linking page to link your account and later new client page that allows to add your client and later you’ll see a page to create your first client budget to be tracked.
- Click Budgeting in the left side navigation.
- Click New Budget button present at the upper right corner of the page.
- In ‘New Budget’ page, enter a Budget Name in the first column of the panel.
- Enter the Amount. This is the overall budget that you’d like to see the spend on.
- Choose the Timezone. Overspend and underspend notifications will be sent to a given email address in this chosen time zone.
- Choose the Currency Code of the budget entered in the ‘Amount’ column by clicking the drop-down button.
- Enable Repeating toggle checkbox if you’d like to track the budget spent every month on a repetitive basis.
- Choose the Start Date of your budget cycle. If you disable ‘Repeating’ toggle checkbox, you’ll have to enter the start and end date of your budgets.
- Enter Repeat Months and/or Repeat Days. This is how often you’d like to run your budgets. You can set budgets on customer-specific timelines and manage the Budget vs Spend.
- Choose Alert Thresholds. ReportGarden can automatically alert you when spend nears specific percentages of your budget cap.
Example: Let’s say, you have added 1000$ budget. If you choose 50% in the ‘Alert Thresholds’ drop-down, then we’ll notify you when spend reaches 500$. Here, you could choose more than one threshold percentage.
Once you choose an alert threshold, alerts appear in your Budget Dashboard and a reminder will have sent by email.
- Choose a client in Client Name drop-down. The clients having AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads accounts will be visible in this list.
- Enter the To Emails. We’ll notify you on this email whenever your Spend reaches x% Budget. Here, you could enter more than one email id. Email notifications can also be sent to people who don't use ReportGarden.
- Enter BCC Emails. Here also, you could enter more than one email id.
- Choose the Account(s)
- Choose Campaigns. By default, all campaigns will be selected. To choose an individual campaign, click on each campaign and select. Use the Search box to find the account/campaign.
- Click Submit.
You’ll be taken to the ‘Client budget overview dashboard’ where you could see the Budget Usage, Trend Lines, Top Spends.